MRC is a voluntary, large, independent humanitarian organization of the citizens of the Republic of Macedonia and it acts and operates as a non-governmental and non-political organization on the territory of the Republic of Macedonia. In compliance with the Macedonian Red Cross Statutes the organizational structure is on state level, branch level, City Red Cross of Skopje and local level. The governance structure is comprised as follows: the assembly comprised of 75 representatives of the Macedonian Red Cross branches out of which obligatory one of them is the president of each RC branch, four representatives of the youth, the President of the Assembly who is also the President of the Executive Board, two vice-presidents, the finance commission, the Executive Board comprised of 15 members and the advisory bodies of the Executive Board. The responsibilities of the governance structure are defined in the Macedonian Red Cross Statutes. The management structure is headed by the Secretary General and the roles and responsibilities are defined with the Macedonian Red Cross Statutes. The youth members of Macedonian Red Cross (youth and junior youth) are organized within the Youth Red Cross. Macedonian Red Cross is organized on:
- State level
- Branch level
- On a level of the City of Skopje
- On a local level
Macedonian Red Cross governance structure:
- Executive Board
- Finance Commissionа
The highest body of the Macedonian Red Cross is the Assembly of Macedonian Red Cross comprised of 75 members. The Assembly is comprised of:
- Elected members proposed by the Branch Red Cross Organizations.
- Elected members proposed by the Youth of the Red Cross
- The Presidents of the Red Cross Branch Assemblies.
- The mandate of the members of the Assembly is 4 (four) years with a possibility for re-election.
- The Executive Board is an executive body of the Assembly. It leads MRC between the sessions of the Assembly. The number of the members of the Executive Board is 15.
- The mandate of the members of the Executive Board is four years, with a possibility for re-election, but not more than two consecutive mandates, with the right for election after one term is left out.
- The members of the Finance Commission are elected from the members of the Assembly of Macedonian Red Cross, with a 4-year mandate, with a possibility for re-election, but not more than 2 consecutive mandates.
- The Executive Board establishes permanent and/or temporary advisory bodies.
The permanent advisory bodies are as follows:
- Commission for Development and Organizational and Staff issues.
- Commission for Dissemination.
- Commission for Health – Preventive activity and blood donation.
- Commission for Social Welfare.
- Commission for Disaster Management.
- Commission for Tracing Service.
- Commission for Information and Communications.
- Commission for Fundraising.
- Commission for Statutes and normative acts.
- For the daily operational activities the Assembly forms Staff service, which works on realization of the programme objectives and tasks and performs financial-material and administrative-technical work.
- Macedonian Red Cross staff service is managed by the Secretary General.
- The youth members of Macedonian Red Cross (youth and junior youth) are organized within the Youth Red Cross. The participation of the youth in the Macedonian Red Cross organization is regulated with special Regulation for the organization and work of the Youth Red Cross.